Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Jones X, Basketball

ohboyohboyohboy.

The Sonics' season opener is tonight, I'm going to Friday's game, and I'm so fucking glad basketball season is here again.

First things first, I'm rescucitating JJ's motto: SOS-RTB, bitches!

This season holds a lot of promise and risks for the boys in green'n'gold. New coach, who's getting the support from the team, most of the team from last year coming back. Of which, there are a number of young players poised to break out this year.

Could be good, and it'd be just like this franchise to have a great season when so little is expected from them. After losing McMillan, this team has absolutely no resemblance to the Sonics of the mid-90s, under George Karl. I've done my mourning quietly, now it's time to create new memories.

Come on, Sonics, let's go.

4 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Stine said...

I'm trying to muster some sort of something...ok...

uhm...

well I tried.

:)

So question, basketball or baseball in Seattle? Discuss.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger the beige one said...

basketball or baseball in Seattle?

would be happy to discuss, if I knew the context of the question.

In re: content of the entry, just like last year, I will make no bones about the fact that I am a rabid basketball fan. Be glad of that, because otherwise you'd get the random baseball or football entry. (Be warned: World Cup Soccer takes place in 2006.)

Not asking anyone to care about b-ball or my fascination with it.

But just as the whole TBO's Primer to Singledom offers nothing of interest to some, (or the Amazing Race entries), the b-ball entries will have the same effect on others.

And yet, I will still write them.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger the beige one said...

oh, and don't think I didn't appreciate your trying to muster...anything for the post.

=^)

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Stine said...

As for the baseball vs. basketball question...it's just that...which do you prefer here, and why?

Which do you prefer to see live and why? Which is easier to watch on television or listen to on the radio?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home