Wednesday, October 05, 2005

TAR: FamEd Ep. 2

You know what's missing? The pressure of international travel, the random luck of native cab drivers, the wisdom of saving money v. getting a relaxing luxury item, freaking out about what flight/train/bus would take you to your destination faster.

I don't mind the maps and the driving, as that's an important element in racing, but just that? Ehh, whatever.

I mean, as soon as the Cajun family took that wrong turn, and just kept on driving the wrong direction, I knew they were toast. It would take a major league screw up by one of the other teams for it to work out. Chances for said screw up are lower when there's no language barrier, currency discrepancy or strange culture to overcome. (Though, if anyone could've screwed up with these lowered expectations, it'd be the Joisy Fam.)

And that's the thing, these random factors elevate the tension in the show, so that by the time we get to the "who's gonna come in last?" portion of the show, there's still a certain amount up in the air, and it's easier to believe the editing sequences cut so that we think there's an even chance.

The last two weeks, these sequences were quite transparent, which is a bit of a let down.

All right, by the end of the second episode two of my teams have left...Go NASCAR! But quit it with the Jesus shit.

12 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Stine said...

Dude, the Joisey Fam is going to give me an ulcer. And you know, loser dad deserved it for even attempting to blame his boy for his screw up.

And I agree with you about the editing sequences at the end, they need to be more tight. I wonder if it's harder with families? I was surprised the Stepfords came in as low as they did.

I want the Joisey Fam to go next and then the annoying gaggle of blonde sisters.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger the beige one said...

loser dad deserved it for even attempting to blame his boy for his screw up.

Yeah, from the way the family reacted, and the way his son behaved during the rest of it, I could tell it wasn't the first time something like this has gone on.

And I agree with you about the editing sequences at the end, they need to be more tight. I wonder if it's harder with families?

I don't know, I just think the suspense isn't building up to the end of the eps, and that's what's missing from those sequences, so far.

...and then the annoying gaggle of blonde sisters.

Wait, which ones? With a dad, or without a dad? Either way, I like both teams okay...

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger JJisafool said...

Dude.

You're not gonna make it three in a row before you give us a real post, are ya?

Friggin' reality TV. Done make people act crazy.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger the beige one said...

I swear to you, as soon as a real topic comes up, I'll be posting it.

In the meantime, sonny, I note a general lack of activity on your blog again. You haven't even answered my last comment on your blog, chief.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger the beige one said...

...and maybe you should watch the show in question, bubbah.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger JJisafool said...

Maybe if I watched more reality TV I'd have more to write about.

And I have seen it. Entertaining in the way I find all those shows, which is to say a little and only until I realize what I am doing.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Stine said...

Beigy, I was referring to the sisters without a dad.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger the beige one said...

Oh, I don't mind them...they haven't been obnoxious yet, and they have a sisters-in-a-big-family kind of vibe to them that's pretty cool.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger JJisafool said...

I'ma hafta wait until after the next episode for another post, ain't I?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger the beige one said...

simply because you asked for it, yes.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Missuz J said...

Where's the birthday post?

Happy birthday, and all that jazz!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger the beige one said...

braaaaains

 

Post a Comment

<< Home