Thursday, October 20, 2005

Let me go on record...

saying that I'm not the biggest fan of these memes (I don't mind reading them, but doing them becomes an exercise in repetition). Seeing as these are essentially the same deals we've all done via email, I'm going to stick with the policy I created there: I do these once, and I don't forward it. Just the way it is, y'all.

10 years ago: Just turned 25, was probably in two Fringe Fest shows, and about to start up Not Named Bob, the short lived, audio only sketch group I formed with members of the future Lo Blo. Also, working with Stepping Stone Prod. and living with JM, one of the current goonies.

5 years ago: In pre-production hell with OCT, but having a blast with rehearsals and attempting to figure out just how in the hell we'd get a zombie attack on stage and maximizing gore-factors. Spending a chunk of my inheritance from dad on said zombie show, and looking forward to DBP's Xmas production. One of the best, most exciting times of my life.

1 year ago: In a production of Dubya 2000, my last acting gig for OCT. A project taken on by two close friends of mine, and a production I thought to be prophetic both when it came out in 2k, and particularly now, with the changes made in the interim. I got to play blackface on stage, and make SEA audiences uncomfortable. An odd show, but one I found both fun and rewarding.

(Taking a moment to comment on the fact that all of these landmarks are production based. There's a reason I needed this 6 mo. break. Man.)

5 snacks: Bagels, Trader Joe's Choco covered pretzels and peanut butter filled pretzels, buttered toast and Nutella, PBJ.

5 songs I know all the words to: any early They Might Be Giants, Sir Mix-A-Lot "Baby Got Back," Hair's "Hare Krishna," Beatles' "Good Morning," Violent Femmes "Add It Up," Art of Noise "Paranoimia"

5 things I could do with $100 million: 1) Debt, 2)New Car, 3)New House/Condo/Penthouse, 4)Help Fam out, 5)Fund indie production of my screenplays

5 things I would never wear: Cowboy anything, tie-dye anything (maybe t-shirt), puka shells, white sneakers, 'Frover.

5 favorite tv shows: Max Headroom, Freaks 'n' Geeks, Buffyverse, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Lost, 24, Amazing Race (though current race ain't so hot, nor amazing).

5 biggest joys: 14/48, the feeling of opening night, when you're "on" when onstage, making out, a good album/book/movie/stage production, the kaufmann.

5 favorite toys: PS2, blogs, dvd player, stereo, car.

All right, all right, PK should get one of these going on tekate.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger the beige one said...

no one said you had to get it out right now, love. take your time.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Missuz J said...

I had no use at all for the PS2 until I discovered, dun da da da...Karaoke Revolution!!! The new one comes out in 2 weeks! I even let my hubby buy a 2nd PS2 for the upstairs, so that I didn't have to haul the other one up to play.

Oh--I heard good things about both of those shows. Sigh. Cedar has beautiful naked red rocks, but no theater that isn't sanctioned by Fred Adams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home