Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Flashback: Hey, What About The Froog?

So, I was in the process of the ever ongoing Earworm War with Mynxie, when she brought up Ray Charles' "What'd I Say?", and a flood of memories came my way...

Before you hit play on the YouTube display below, I want you to imagine the big 'fro'ed, 10yr. old me (I looked a little older than the kid pictured here), freshly moved to the US, with a basic understanding of English, sitting down and watching the Blues Brothers in the theater.

At this point in the movie, Jake got out, they met the nun, chatted with Cab Calloway, visited James Brown's church, likely got chased by the cops, and have started putting the band back together (I think after the restaurant scene). And then...

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Prego said...

Shit... That's a better first impression than I got. My earliest cinematic recollection was the mooning scene in Cannonball Run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home