Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Opah!

Okay, so where were we?

Show opened, went well. Saturday's crowd was a bit raw and rowdy (mainly due to a couple of the audience brad cook members drinking since noon on that day). The cast handled it with aplomb, and I'm in love with the fucking show. I will try to refrain from writing on it too much, I ain't no Wil Wheaton.

The rowdy nature of Saturday's audience, however, did remind me of the last time I had to deal with brad cook that element. This was a couple of years ago, when I was doing Action Movie! at ConWorks. Fun show; I had to play a German scientific mastermind in a wheelchair.

Well, accents are nowhere near my specialty as an actor, and so I tried to adopt the most bastardized German accent since Kenneth Mars' in Young Frankenstein. And for the most part it did the job.

One night, at the top of the show, where I had the majority of the expository nonsense, I just finished butchering my second line of dialogue, when I hear from the rafters: "Jose', man, what the fuck are you saying, man?".

Before I get too thrown by this (interruption to the flow of the show, being called by my real first name, desire to kill whoever this was), I exclaim "Shut the fuck up, out there" and continue.

Eventually, I find out that it's brad cook an acquaintance of mine, who showed up 12a drunk at 8p, and confused my being in the show, with my being involved with this other troupe that specializes in drunken performances for drunken audiences. A friend of his felt embarrassed by his behavior, later chastised him for it, and he, in turn, called the cast during the following week to apologize.

I took his apology, and teased him that the next time he performed, I'd return the favor. I never did, figuring he'd learned his lesson.

Obviously not, as this was one of the main offenders of being rowdy on Saturday night. To be fair, his friend was the more obvious offender, and he did try to contain his friend, but they both offended during the performance, so...

Oh, but I'll get mine, don't worry...I'll get mine.

3 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Glad to hear it went well, if rowdy. Congrats!

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do the offenders names rhyme with Don and Baron?

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger the beige one said...

Considering Baron's in the show...no. Highlight over the blank areas above for a hint...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home