Monday, May 23, 2005

Pimping for the Cause

Quick entry to pimp the latest show...For the few out there who're in Seattle and might be able to attend.

Can't wait...
_________
Dear friends,

It's been a while since I pestered any of you with an announcement regarding an upcoming production of mine, which means it is high time to break that streak.

And so:

Terrence McNally's The Ritz
Directed by Jose' Amador
@ Re-bar, 1114 Howell (at Boren Ave)
Thu - Sat, 8p
Previews 5/26, Opens 5/27 and runs through 6/25
$14, though if you show up in a robe or a towel, the price goes down to $10

At this point I could give you a whole lotta rigamarole about the gay70s, and wacky highjinks, but I feel that cheapens all of us. How about I give you the high concept?
__________
A man runs from the mafia, hops in a cab and tells the cabbie to take him someplace no one would look for him. The cabbie takes him to a bath house. Hilarity ensues.
__________

No? Nothing?

Okay, here's a cast list:

Alan Wilkie (Lend Me A Tenor), Jeffrey Gilbert (Edmond, Orpheus), Andrew Tasakos (formerly Bitsy Bates, Garden of Allah, Brown Derby), Rebecca Davis (Hellhound on My Trail), Andy Justus (Orpheus), Mike Pham (Spade Cooley's Nightmare, Blasted), Eric Sandoval (if you have to ask...), Aaron Allshouse (Meathook, Are We Scared?), Retha Tinker(Red Noses, Kooterville), Susan Stansbury (Are We Scared?, JCSuperstar), Gary Zinter (I *Heart* Kant), Tom Prince (Meathook), Rob MacGregor (Poona, Cannibal the Musical), introducing Ade', and featuring the choreography of Diana Cardiff (Buttrock Suites).

Still nothing? Jesus, you guys are fickle!

All right then, let me give you a bit of advice: If, during intermission, you miss Ade's amazing renditions of 70s disco classics, you will leave the show kicking yourself. And that is a bona fide tip for you, my friends. No lie.

3 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, I just sent you an email asking about this. I'm excited to see it. Stine

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger PJoyLynn said...

can't I edit this fucking comments?
but will a two year old like it? hopefully Jim & I can get away TOGETHER! hugs & kisses, Jose.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger the beige one said...

a two year old may love it, but re-bar is a hostile environment, no matter what your age is...keep the young'un at home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home