Thursday, September 06, 2007

B. Jones: Is It Really Too Much To Ask...

...to have just one Seattle team go far, and then not blow it at the end? Really, it's too much to ask?*

I guess I could agree with JJ, that it's a lot like MacMillan's last year as a coach for the Sonics: It's pleasure and surprise enough that they got as far as they did, and kudos, and blah blah blah.

You know what, though? Fuck that. I'm tired of setting my expectations low.

I'm also tired of wanting to cry bullshit, whenever a national sports journalist predicts a Seattle swoon (before the season even starts), and then not being able to, because what proof is there to the contrary?

Grr.

*Jesus, all right, smarty-fuggin'-pants. I am excluding the Sounders and the Storm; love MLS and the local boys are awesome. I still consider the WNBA a bastardization of the ABL, but, you go, gals! - tbo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home