Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ahh, Refreshing: A Like Minded Individual

I know many of you are bound to disagree, but the AV Club's Nathan Rabin generally agrees with my take on Freddy Got Fingered (I say as if I'd presented it to him before he wrote his column).

Gotta say, I'm thoroughly enjoying this series of columns, Mr. Rabin has already covered a number of movies I have held dear (Joe v. The Volcano, Pennies From Heaven), and a few others I was generally amused by (Waterworld/The Postman; sorry Joe, no grand defense of Cliffhanger, yet)...and now this.

Recommended reading.

4 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Blogger the beige one said...

I have only one thing to ask: Have you actually seen the movie?

If not, well then, you're full of shit.

I'm able to take the opinions of those who've seen the whole thing beginning to end (yep, this includes you, Mr. and Mrs. White), otherwise, really, there's no point in discussing the thing.

So, think what you like, non-completist, your opinion doesn't really count, does it?

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Joe said...

I tried to watch it beginning to end, but twenty minutes in, my eyes started to bleed.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger thelyamhound said...

To be fair, I did black out quite a bit during the film, and don't remember the ending; 'Stine slept through most of the piece.

That said, I can essentially agree with the review . . . except, given my foggy memory of the thing and what the review notes about its relation to YouTube and its inherently episodic nature, I wonder if it should ONLY be approached piecemeal. The one thing I can say about dealing with it all at once is that once the desensitization sets in, it gets a little slow.

I'd be curious to see Rabin's takes on Pennies From Heaven (a bona fide masterpiece) and Joe vs. the Volcano (one of my favorite Hanks vehicles).

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger the beige one said...

Note on last comment from me: Friends don't let friends blog drunk.

oofda.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have the sneaking suspicion that I wrote something like "you're a cunting bitch of a cunt" in someone else's blog. I think I need to go apologize.

(No, not really, but the likelihood of that taking place last night was increased exponentially...The More You Know.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home