Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring Forward Is Bullshit

Why post something new, when I've said all there is to say about it:

You Know What? Fuck Ben Franklin!

So Ben Franklin's all: "blah blah blah, penny saved is a penny earned. all cats are grey in the dark, work will make you free, right? so check it, if we turn the clock back in spring, we get an extra hour of daylight for the farmers to work with. which is all kinds of cool because then they can work that much more during the summer, and then, in the fall, when it gets dark earlier, we can go back to normal, and aren't I smart, blahdefuckingblah."

Shut the fuck up, Ben Franklin. You're dead. Deader than Rob and Amber's chances of winning and Michael Richard's career...

What may have been a pretty smart idea nearly two-hundred years ago, is only proving goddamn annoying these days. Why do we keep up with this shit? It's largely unnecessary, especially because the modern age? No. Longer. Agrarian. For fuck's sake.

And don't talk to me about kids catching busses in the dark. Are you gonna tell me that those kids who are in areas sketchy enough to be worried about are going to be in any less danger when it's light out? Where are their parents anyway? Huh? Exactly.

Fuck Daylight Savings. Right in the ear.

6 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

I hear you. I do sort of prefer waking up when it's actual daylight outside (even with our typically diffused grey overcast), but it totally fucks with my circadian rhythms for two or three days, like changing time-zones - which I guess is exactly what it is, only without the in-flight movie and tiny bag of pretzels.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Yeah, All-Stars was a shocker last night. And not just because Rob & Amber had come in first the previous three legs. But also because I was actually starting to like them. Meanwhile, I want to fucking drop kick Charla and stick a hot poker up Myrna's nose. Christ, they're annoying.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger JJisafool said...

Hmmm. Well, other than my observation that small children don't make this change very well, because they care fuck-all whatthe clock says, I'm not sure I got much of a response.

Other than - recycling a blog post? That might rank just under this tactic. Or maybe just above. I'm not sure.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger the beige one said...

Chris - Yeah, welzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Joe - I think I was one of those people who wasn't constantly inundated by their presence when they appeared the first time. Obnoxious as they were and could be, they ran a really smart race...Too bad he never checked his spelling. Talk about hubris. Chmirna's popularity continues to baffle me, especially in the face of their complete assholery week in week out.

JJ - don't think of it as recycling...Think of it as a "Greatest Hit" or an "Encore."

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger TwinsGoddess said...

There was a loud round of cheering from our couch when they got booted. I find it almost poetic that all the lying and conniving in the world can't compensate for bat spelling.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger TwinsGoddess said...

Right. BAD spelling.

Ha freakin' ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home