Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Solstice Is The Reason For The Season, and Other Homogenous Topics

That's right, you heard me. I'm a foot soldier in the War on Xmas. Yes, I actually wrote "Xmas," what are you gonna do about it? Now, you start celebrating the birth of Jesus in April, then we could start talking about something. Why not reclaim April Fool's, seeing as you invented that too?

Moving on, I defy you to watch this trailer with a straight face throughout its length. I must admit, one part of the pedigree intrigues me, but this trailer...oof. I didn't know what to make of the whole thing for the first 15-20 seconds; the opening "scary" moment to the appearance of a major screen actor in a small, but showy role. As soon as I recognized the face, however, I entered the giggle loop. Thankfully, V was of the same opinion, and I forget which line started it, but by the time the thing was done, we couldn't calm down.

It looks dreadfully serious, though.

B. Jones Interlude: Allen Iverson to join former Sonics George Karl and Earl Boykins on the Denver Nuggets team. I can't stand the city (though, it's the sanest one in that blighted state), but as my boys are in the doldrums, I can put up with one of the lamest mascots of all time in order to cheer this team on. AI + Melo + Karl = Western Conference Playoffs, at the least. *knock wood*

(Dear family, if by chance you're reading this, consider the game on 12/26. Just sayin'.)

Aside to TAR Producers: I know it's too late, and this coming season of TAR All-Stars is just about to end taping, but I want to make this known: If the unconfirmed teams on the season do not include Team Cha Cha, Kris/Jon, the clowns or the BaldSnark, can you really say this was an all star season? (Jill and Jon Vito? What?) That said, thank you for the non-inclusion of Jonathan and Victoria, probably the vilest thing to come out of any reality show ever. Yes, including Jeff Probst, Janice Dickinson and Paris Hilton.

What else to say? Oh, right...I'm heading to Denver for the holidays, and will return on the 28th. Not sure if the family abode has joined the 21st century with online connection, so, I may or may not be able to file reports from the field.

In the meantime, however you celebrate the coming weeks, I wish you the very best of times, and let us devour the coming year victoriously!

Happiness to all and sundry!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger JJisafool said...

I read the Suskind novel Perfume a half dozen years ago, and liked it a lot. Images and concepts that have hung with me since. I have a hard time seeing the aspects I like best translated to the big screen, though, and the effin' imdb trailer keeps hanging up on me.

Merry CHRISTmas, pagan. If its cold in CO, rest easy with the knowledge you'll be plenty warm while roasting in eternal damnation.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Joe said...

You're just jealous because you don't get time off for any of your stupid Buddhist holidays. Hey, that's what you get for not signing on with the WINNERS, Beigey.

Christ Rocks My World!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Stine said...

Can't we all just be friends?

Nam myoho renge kyo

and

Amen...

May the Buddha God of the 10-Directions of Hell bless us all

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger the beige one said...

For the record, I don't think anyone here was being serious. I'm pretty sure we all think this whole "War on Xmas" is silly and overblown.

I could be corrected, but I have a feeling.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Stine said...

Yes oh serious one, those not so serious people included me.

Mine got!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger the beige one said...

okay. You'll forgive me for not picking up on it...

Mein Gott in Himmel.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger (egg) said...

That's what you get when H-wood uses the suspense-action trailer format for everything. The concept is muy creepy, but the trailer is ... just off. It reminds me of that medley of Mary Poppins clips turned into a horror trailer. Anyone? Am I right?

Get thee to Denver ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home