Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Le Splat

Driving by, saying hello, and really just taking a second to enjoy the political change in the air. I'll hold off on admonishing the Dems to not go off all cocky and shit, 'cuz there's a lot of work, but for right now? The most negative thing I have going is the fact that it took the middle so goddamn long to see the light.

However, if it hadn't been for the last six years, Rumsfeld's retirement wouldn't taste so sweet right now; and the prospect of having the Chimp in Charge suddenly be accountable, ohhh, it's delicious.

What also gave me a little frisson over the weekend:
Ted Haggard and the refracted focus on Colorado Springs, what could be called my hometown. I left a couple of years after the Haggard douschebag first made his presence known in the Springs (with CO's first anti-gay rights amendment push), and find it utterly hilarious that he may have been harboring desires to visit the Hide 'n' Seek (CoSpgs only gay club at the time I was there) after spending all day demonizing their clientele.

I hate that town almost as much as PalDeni hates Boston, the NY Yankees, or the upper classes. However, I have a hard time putting it into words; so, I'll let the fine folks at Salon do it for me. It's all there, from the coining of the phrase "liberal republicans" (e.g. military personnel who are against the idiocy known as Bush's Iraq policy), to the shuddering at the mention of "gay rights."

I really don't miss that place. Except Manitou Springs. If you're ever stuck in that hellhole, my advice is: Stay In Manitou Springs.

In other news, those of you who are familiar with my view on all things related to plastic, can just imagine my reaction to this friggin' Visa commercial. [Tip o' the keyboard to PalJJ.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home