Thursday, August 11, 2005

It's Time to Start The Music

Muppets! Complete Season 1! On DVD!

I. Want. It. I want it BAD.

I've been clamoring for them to come out with this for ages...I'm going to savor its presence now.

Okay, now that it's here, let's get cracking on the first 15 seasons of Sesame Street. Untouched. I want imaginary Snuffy, the death of Mr. Hooper, complete Bert & Ernie sketches, the psychedelic pinball "1-2-3-4-5," that little black kid with Harry the monster yelling "13!...14!", the soothing film footage of seahorses with equally soothing music, the creepy rubber band face, the "yup yup" aliens, Grover as a waiter ("Arroz con PoLLO!")...I mean the list is endless.

There was a while there where Noggin (or "The N") was airing original episodes of SS, at 1 and 2 in the morning. I doubt there were that many colicky kids up at that hour (and like they'd pay attention), so it seemed like they were programming with, uhm, people like me in mind. I'd get home from rehearsals, and I'd reeeelax while Kermit interviewed Little Miss Muffet, or the maestro struggled to find a rhyme for "in the air so high." I slept so well.

Let's get cracking CTW!

3 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dood, I've own the Muppets on DVD for a couple of years now. And yeah, I heard you on the old skool Sesame. Man, that's the shit right there. -Rood1

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

word

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger amandak said...

One of the bonuses of having kids: shamelessly watching cartoons. Imagine my delight when on one of our MANY new-school Sesame vids, there was not only the trippy 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12 pinball sequence, but also The Lady Bug Picnic. LOVE that one. Must keep an eye out for that Muppets DVD though, my kids are almost entirely without muppet experience, and that's just not right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home