Friday, February 25, 2005

Wotta Week

Slow week from me, I know, but it's been fairly hectic at work, and rehearsals for Anna Karenina are at that point where it's hectic. All of which leaves no time for brain to make with writey stuff.

I'm trying not to go into another 6-week slumber.

so with that in mind, I'm going to post another clipping regarding Dr. Gonzo's demise, illustrating just how atypical the entire affair is, and why one shouldn't condemn the situation. Read on. (Source: salon.com, again)

After Gonzo was gone: Hunter S. Thompson's wife, Anita, has given an interview to the Rocky Mountain News detailing her husband's final hours and how his family coped with his suicide immediately after his death. She says they gathered to give him a fitting sendoff: "The literary champ was sitting in his command post kitchen chair, a piece of blank paper in his favorite typewriter, dead of a self-inflicted gunshot through the mouth hours earlier," the paper reports. "But a small circle of family and friends gathered around with stories, as he wished, with glasses full of his favored elixir -- Chivas Regal on ice. 'It was very loving. It was not a panic, or ugly, or freaky,' Thompson's wife, Anita Thompson, said Thursday night in her first spoken comments since the icon's death Sunday. 'It was just like Hunter wanted. He was in control here.'" (Rocky Mountain News)

2 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Jose, when I die, that's sort of what I want. I want you and my other friends to prop me up in a chair and play a game of Quarters in which you have to bounce a quarter off of my dead skull and into someone's glass to make them drink.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger the beige one said...

yeah?

okay, if someone manages to make the quarter land in your curled up hands they get to choose who drinks.

How's that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home