Wednesday, November 19, 2008

If Any Form Of Pleasure Is Exhibited

Report to me and it will be prohibited!
I'll put my foot down! So shall it be!
This is the land of the free!

-- as sung by Groucho, during the opening musical number in Duck Soup


I was working on an upcoming entry for the political blog, and stumbled upon the fact that the zenith of Marx Bros. mad-cappery known as Duck Soup turns 75 during the month of November. (Weekend America's segment on this event embedded below.)

Must have a late viewing this weekend.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Christopher said...

Probably my favorite Marx Bros. movie (with "A Night At The Opera" and "The Coconuts" running neck-and-neck for second place) - and yes, the social and political satire still hits the proverbial comic bulls-eye.

Hm, may have to pull out my old VHS copy myself soonish...

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Ugh. The Marx Brothers? Give me the guys who did Disaster Movie! Now THAT'S comedy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home